In the footsteps of the Carthaginian genius Magon, father of wine-growing, BTE Voyages DMC WORLD TUNISIA, through this tour highlights the culture of the vine and wine in Tunisia highlighting, at the same time, the historical heritage and oenogastronomic traditions of the land linking the cellars to archaeoloagical sites and museums.
The circuit consists in visiting a museum and an archaeological site that contain pieces of Roman mosaics representing themes related to the culture of the vine and wine during antiquity. These visits are provided by professional guides well trained on this itinerary.
Then, visit of a wine cellar and tasting of the best labels prevalent in Tunisia presented by a professional oenologist on site. The tasting, always preceded by a guided tour of a corresponding archaeological site or museum, is accompanied by a local gastronomic offer, carefully concocted by historians-gastronomes which can vary according to season and creativity.
-PROGRAM 1: BARDO OR CARTHAGE MUSEUM (ROMAN VILLAS) -MEGRINE:
• Departure from your hotel for the visit of the archaeological museum of Bardo or the Roman villas of Carthage.
• Visit of the cellar "La Fontaine aux mille amphores" of Megrine, "Les Vignerons de Carthage".
•Tasting of the best wines with local products - Return to your hotel.
-PROGRAM 2 : NABEUL-GROMBALIA:
• Departure from your hotel to Nabeul, visit of the museum. Archaeological of Nabeul..
• Visit of the domain of "Neferis".
• Tasting of the best wines with local products.
• Return to your hotel.
PS: The Tour can be between 3 to 5 days.